Sunday, November 18, 2007

Strasser, Todd. Can't Get There From Here

Today's podcast is for Todd Strasser's book Can't Get There From Here

I had planned to record some podcasts today to get me through the week.  Unfortunately, I have a terrible case of laryngitis and sound horrible.  Believe me, no one wants to listen to me like this.  I was complaining to my daughter that I had trouble getting anyone to help me in the electronics store yesterday.  Acutally, it makes sense that no one wanted to be near me!!  But, here is the last pre-laryngitis podcast I have prepared.


Strasser, Todd.
CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE
New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2004.

Why don't you just go home?  Can't.  Mother's new husband is still there.  Can't.  Mother threw me out.  Can't.  Don't want to talk about it.  Can't get there from here.  So here they are.  Street kids.  Trying to take care of each other when they can't even take care of themselves.  They are cold, dirty, hungry and hopeless.  Society doesn't care about them.  They are throw away kids.  But you will care about them by the end of this book.  Get to know Maybe and Tears and Rainbow and Jewel and the others as they form a tribe and try to survive on the streets of New York City.

Podcast:  http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/strasser_can't.mp3




technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: