Thursday, January 25, 2007

In memory of Carol Otis Hurst

I was saddened this morning to hear of the passing of Carol Otis Hurst. I only had the pleasure of meeting her one time but I used her web pages so often that I felt I knew her. I met her in upstate New York when both of us were giving presentations at the same conference. We stayed at the same hotel and I got to talk with her over breakfast. I felt I was speaking with a rock star since I had been using her web page and her books for so long. We had a great chat and I was so impressed with her.

At the conference, Carol spoke of her writing and read her first book to us. It was the story of her father and it was wonderful. Then she delighted us with her storytelling. We were all mesmerized. Such a talent.

So Carol, sleep well and I know Heaven is enjoying the stories as much as we all did!

No comments: