Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Readergirlz

I just read on the Kids lit blog that Dia Calhoun, Janet Lee Carey,
Lorie Ann Grover, and Justina Chen Headley have a wonderful website
call Readergirlz. I went and took a look and sure enough, it is
wonderful. Then I read that starting in March, they will be
featuring a book a month with a strong female character. I wish this
site had an RSS feed so I could subscribe but I put it in my
del.icio.us bookmarks and hope to remember to check it. So they are
also giving away free frippery to the first 50 people to comment in
their myspace site each month. I can't resist that!!

So, I am not a member of myspace so can't comment. I break down and
decide to register. And you know what message I get?
"We're sorry. Based on the information you have submitted to us, you
are ineligible to register on MySpace.com. "

WHAT??? This can't be right so I try again. Still not eligible. Not
to be outdone, I try again. Same result. So, why am I
ineligible? Am I too old??? What could be the reason? I've emailed
customer support and I'll see what they say. I have never heard of
anyone being turned down for a myspace account!!

Anyway, be sure to visit
<http://www.readergirlz.com/>readergirlz. Visit their
<http://www.myspace.com/readergirlz>MySpace page and leave comments
if you are a myspace member. Maybe someday I'll be able to do it too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for spreading the word about readergirlz! I'm looking into RSS feed. It seems to be on our MySpace blog.

I'm sorry you had trouble registering with MySpace! I hope you can become a member soon to enjoy full access to readergirlz. Including free frippery. :~)

Thanks again!
~the readergirlz divas

Little Willow said...

Thank you for supporting readergirlz! The more, the merrier. :)