Monday, August 02, 2010

Today's Podcast 08/02/2010

  • It is my birthday today and I bought myself a present!! I new 42" plasma. And added HD service! It's a whole new world. So, in honor of my new TV, how about a book about the inventor of this life changer?Krull, Kathleen. THE BOY WHO INVENTED TV : THE STORY OF PHILO FARNSWORTHNew York : Knopf, 2009IL 3-6, RL 5.5ISBN 037594561XCan you imagine life without television? Most of you probably can't even imagine television without hundreds of channels. But a hundred years ago, there was no television. There wasn't even radio. Or movies! Imagine if you can. But one boy was going to change all that. Philo Farnsworth was a curious little boy and was fascinated by the many inventions that were being introduced. When he was 11, he came up with the idea of an electric light machine -- television. Just an idea then but it was the beginning of his quest to bring us this amazing light machine.

    tags: podcasts


Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments: