Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sad week here

I've been trying to do some reading this week but it's been really hard. I found out on Tuesday that my adorable 16 year old cock-a-poo was going to die. Her kidneys had shut down and her cancer had spread. The vet suggested I put her down but I just couldn't make that decision. So I brought her home to die with us nearby. She passed away peacefully on Thursday night so it wasn't a long drawn out death. I am absolutely heartbroken and I've been trying to lose myself in books. But it seems every book I pick up either has a dog who dies or a dog being mistreated or at least a dog in it. Funny how we don't notice those things unless it is really on your mind.

I have been doing some reading though and will be posting some booktalks soon. I just have to get the booktalks written up and posted. I have so many new books to read thanks to ALA in Boston and the publishers sending me their new titles. Everytime I get my "to read" list manageable, it gets added to. Not that I'm complaining!

It's Super Bowl Sunday and everyone around here is going nuts over the Patriots. I'm just counting the days until the Red Sox spring training starts up (11 days!). I just don't get football but I'm a Red Sox fan from way back. Oh well, GO PATS!

No comments: