Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter mania

I just finished the book.  I am not going to give anything away.

The parties I attended were interesting.  The one at the book store chain did nothing for me.  Most of it was just people waiting in line to get their bracelet to secure a place in line.  Hmmm.  There was a trivia contest but the way it was done left most of the people out.  Just one person giving the questions and those lucky enough to be close to her being called on for the answers.  There was a cart of butterbeer and other goodies being wheeled around and you could buy the items.  Mostly from what I could see, it was just a lot of people dressed up and milling around.  I spent my time there going through the shelves putting my favorite books and authors face out.  I always do that but usually not so many!

I stayed for a couple of hours and then went over to Gibsons, our local independent store.  What a great party was going on!  There was a potions class in one corner.  Ollivander was dispensing wands in another.  Lots of FREE butter beer and cake.  There were tattoos to be had and even a place to take your O.W.L. exams.  A scavenger hunt for the horcruxes was also going on.  I found one but decided to leave it for the younger crowd!  There was lots of sharing and enjoying the moment.  The staff were all decked out as characters from the books and obviously enjoying themselves as well.

We were all given numbers when we got there and my number 70 took 41 minutes to reach the register.  But there was no grumbling going on.  It was just a great time.  Thank you Michael and the staff of Gibson's.


technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: