Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Looking forward to a few days off

Last week I spent a few wonderful days doing a NEASC visit to a school. I love doing accrediting visits since you get to talk to so many people and see so much in action. I was particularly impressed by the lunch room. Is that wierd? It was just so cool to see so many kids go in and out so easily and without a lot of muss and fuss. Although I must admit, I kept feeling like a loser when the kids would leave me after a few minutes but a new group would take their place.

I finished up the class I was teaching at Plymouth State University and we had a nice party at the end. The grad students were great and we had many laughs along the way. Thank you all!

My first doctoral course is winding up soon. I have so much work to do to get the final project finished. It will seem so odd to have some time in the evening to read. I feel as if I haven't read a book in so long.

Winter is beginning to rear its icy head and we are supposed to get our first snow tonight. The North Country has already seen the first snow of the year. I still don't have my leaves raked so I hope it holds off until after the weekend.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.

No comments: