Sunday, May 23, 2010

NHSLMA author panel

I spent two days at the annual NHSLMA (New Hampshire School Library Media Association) conference last week. It is so nice seeing friends and colleagues and learning new things. One program I attended was the emerging authors panel discussion. What amazing authors! Here are a few short snips of their talks.

First on the panel was Katherine Marsh, author of Night Tourist.



Next on the panel was Kristie McCadden. Kristie is an author and illustrator who has decided to self publish her works.



Next up was Kekla Magoon. When the committee asked Magoon to appear at the conference, she had not yet won her prestigious awards. We were fortunate to meet this amazing young woman. I had the opportunity to sit with her at lunch and found her charming. I really enjoyed meeting her.



The last panelist was Ed Hanson. Ed had actually written many, many books. Unfortunately my camera had a malfunction so I didn't get him talking more about his works.

No comments: