Sunday, November 12, 2006

Back on line

My ISP has fixed whatever the problem was and I am back online. I have uploaded the podcasts for the last few days. I've also updated the booktalks with the November update.

Between having ISP problems and migrating to a new laptop, it has made me ultra-aware of my dependency on technology and connectivity. With the use of web 2.0 applications comes the dependence on reliable connectivity. On the positive side, the migration to the new laptop was easier this time since a lot of my materials were on line anyway. I have my books cataloged in LibraryThing. My bookmarks are managed through del.icio.us. My home page is managed by pageflakes. I have several of my current documents in google.doc. One of my webpages is now a wiki. Wow, how web 2.0 applications have saved me a lot of work. On the other hand, not being able to upload files into my website had me in a tizzy. And when I lost my network connection and couldn't get into the Internet, I was stranded. I am becoming more and more dependent on being able to access the Internet, it is a bit worrisome when I can't get into it. I now have backups for my web materials because I know I don't want to be totally dependent on having my data managed by others.

Even so, I have added my new books to Librarything. Edited my book in google.doc. And added to my wiki. I guess I'm just hooked on the ease of using web 2.0 applications!

No comments: