Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, the turkey is just leftovers now and the early morning rush of black Friday sales is behind me now. It never ceases to amaze how many people are out in the wee hours of the morning the day after Thanksgiving. Of course I wouldn't know that unless I was one of them. I got in line for a big screen tv at 2:30 this morning. We were told the store had 10 units and I was number 10 in line!! They didn't go on sale until 5:00 but it would be worth it. Until I found out at 4:30 that they had miscounted and really only had 9 units. Arrgghh. Well, more time for me to read!

I started Anderson's Octavian Nothing last week after it won the National Book Award. And somehow, half way through the book, it disappeared! I hope it shows up soon. I was having a book fair at school and I'm so afraid it got mixed up with the books. I called the book salesman to be on the look out for it. It is a signed advance copy so they shouldn't try to sell it.

So in the meantime, I picked up Michael Sullivan's Escapade Johnson and Mayhem at Mount Moosilauke. What a hoot! I'm so glad to find books that boys will enjoy and Michael certainly does understand the humor of tween boys. Way to go Michael. I'm looking forward to more!

No comments: