Friday, November 10, 2006

My its been a long time...

Since I last updated the blog, several things have happened on the web front for the Booktalker. In addition to keeping up with the additions to Booktalks Quick and Simple, there is now a podcast going on. That's right!

Booktalks is now a daily podcast. Actually, it started back in May and has been going on for six months now. My service provider is having a problem with the server so I haven't been able to upload for a couple of days but there will be more podcasts coming!

I have also transitioned the ATN Reading lists to a wiki site. I have been agonizing over how to keep the lists up to date. With well over 1,000 lists now, it is taking more and more of my time. And I have so much else going on that I just don't have the time to keep ATN up and running. Now as a wiki, it is much easier. And I have had lots of help. I have left the wiki open for editing and many people have been taking advantage of that and adding new books to the lists (and fixing my typos). I have had two pages blown away but I am resisting closing the wiki at this point. I am assuming that both instances were accidental and not malicious. I have been able to restore both pages. Check out the wiki when you get a chance http://atn-reading-lists.wikispaces.com/ Drop me a note and let me know what you think.