Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer Vacation!!!

Summer vacation at last!  The last day for students was Wednesday and we had to attend workshops on Thursday and Friday.  It was fine though as I spent the two days in planning a major unit that will integrate technology and library skills for a year long project.  Very exciting.

I have so many projects I'm working on this summer, I don't know if I'll have a lot of time to read.  This is usually when I can catch up on my reading.  Yesterday, I spent the better part of the day working on a project for the public access channel that highlights the children's choice nominees.  All that work for a 30 minute broadcast..  But if it gets the kids to pick up a book, it will be worth it.  I can also run it in kiosk mode in my library this year.

But, I am managing to get in a few books on the side.  I am back in my biography mode and have a stack of middle school biographies to read.

Meyer, Flora.
MAO ZEDONG : THE REBEL WHO LED A REVOLUTION
Washington, DC : National Geographic, 2007
IL 3-6, RL 6.8
ISBN 1426300638
Mao Zedong was always a very ambitious man.  From his teenage years, Mao decided that rules that others lived by didn't apply to him.  He was egotistical and had a sense of importance.  He also had very little regard for others.  He had a hunger for knowledge and spent many years in study.  He also had a hunger for power and spent many years trying to achieve his goal.  And he did.  In 1949, Mao seized control of China and ruled with an iron fist until his death in 1976.  These were dire years in China.  Find out about this amazing man in Mao Zedong : the rebel who led a revolution.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: