Saturday, June 20, 2015

Today's podcast 06/20/2015

  • Jury, Walter. SCAN GP Putnam's Sons, 2014 I expected to hate this from the very beginning. Wrestling? Um, no. Aliens? Nope. But then the action drew me in. The story of Tate and his friends and family was relatively interesting until people started shooting at them, and then the pace really picked up. “[Dad’s] fingers close over my shoulder. ‘Tate, I know you’re angry with me. But we can fight later.’ “I wrench myself away from him. ‘Get off me.’… “‘Tate.’ Dad grabs my arm again. ‘It’s very important that we run. Now.”… “Tate, wir müssen fliehen. Jetzt. Jetzt!” my father barks, snapping me out of my trance. “We have to escape. Now. Clipped German words, tinged with pure desperation.” I was emotionally involved right up until the big cliffhanger. Luckily, the sequel, Burn, comes out May 12th. (Booktalk by NH Flume Committee)

    tags: podcasts ya nhflume

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments: