Friday, March 02, 2007

Booktalkers list being closed

For several years, I've maintained a list called
Booktalkers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/booktalkers/

When we
first started out, it was used a lot. We had some great discussions
and sharing of information about booktalking.

But like a lot of specialized lists, traffic has declined in the past
year. The only traffic lately has been spam. Last month I put out a
message to the membership asking if the list should go on or was it
time to call it a day. Since I only got one response out of 307
members, I've made the decision to drop the list. I hope that
discussions on booktalking will continue but in a
different venue. I have invited the list members to use this blog
for their discussions. I hope that this does happen. I had great
ideas for the list when I started it 7 years ago but it has outlived
it usefulness.

So goodbye booktalkers list and all the members.

Nancy

No comments: