Sunday, May 13, 2007

May booktalks update

Well here it is the middle of the month and I have just now loaded the May update to Booktalks Quick and Simple.  It has been such a busy month.  I have finished grading all the projects in the 3 night classes I was teaching.  I now have a couple of weeks to catch up on other things before the summer comes on fast and furious.  I'm teaching one face2face computer class starting June 1st.  And I'm teaching 2 distances classes this summer.  One is for Open-NH and I've taught it before and had a good time.  The other is for YALSA and I'm actually designing the course and teaching it starting in July.  I'm so excited.  And I'm finishing up the online module for University of North Texas.  This is fun stuff!

So the May update has very few books that I have read!  I do have state nominees from Colorado, Washington and the picture books from South Carolina.  More will be on the next update.  Including the New Hampshire award nominees.  We have our annual conference this week and will be announcing winners and new lists.

Today is Mother's Day and it is a beautiful day out there.  Last year, New Hampshire suffered unbelievable flooding on this day.  I had never experienced anything like it.  Things like that just don't happen here!  We had a sink hole downtown and my school was opened as a shelter.  You can't tell me that the climate isn't changing!  Fortunately my house is enough away from the river and on higher ground so we were fine.  We had more flooding last month and people who had just rebuilt their homes lost them again.  How tragic!!

Anyway, here is a book for all the mothers out there.

Wood, Douglas. WHAT MOMS CAN'T DO
New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, c2001.

There are many things that lots of people can do but moms can't.  Are you surprised?  Do you think your mom can do anything?  Well, how about saying good night?  Moms just can't do that without a hug and a kiss.  Or watching movies.  Don't they need their children on their laps?  What are some of the other things that moms can't do?

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: