Monday, December 31, 2007

Farewell 2007

New Year's Eve is upon us. As well as another 10 " of snow!! I think we have now broken the record for the snowiest December on record. Another storm is on the way for tomorrow night. I wonder if we will be going back to school on Wednesday or if we'll have yet another snow day!!

At this time of year, we all tend to look back and reflect on the past twelve months. I usually try to pick my favorite reads of the year. But this year I haven't had time for that. I'm so busy working on my upcoming BER seminar that I've done little else. Well, I'm also trying to finish up my book too. I guess I could really use a snow day!!

ALA is just a week away. I am looking forward to it but midwinter tends to be more about meetings than attending great workshops. I have come home on Sunday so I'll miss the awards announcement on Monday morning. I'll be watching the telecast at work though.

I've uploaded a couple of more podcasts. Abeele, Veronique van den. STILL MY GRANDMA is a lovely story about a young child who starts noticing changes in Grandma. When Grandma is diagnosed with Alzheimer's, the little girl finds new ways to relate to her beloved grandmother.
http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/abeele_still.mp3

Amado, Elisa. TRICYCLE is an interesting story about a little girl of means who watches while her poor neighbor steals her tricycle. The little girl must decide what to do about it. And how she feels about it.
http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/amado_tricycle.mp3
I wish everyone a very safe, peaceful and happy New Year.


No comments: