Saturday, December 01, 2007

Snow day!

OK, it's Saturday but I can dream.  I just uploaded the December update of Booktalks Quick and Simple and am watching the news.  Big doings yesterday with a hostage taking at the Clinton headquarters a few towns over.  Took over the whole television schedule for hours.  So, I'm catching up on other news and the weather.  Looks like we are in for our first big snow on Sunday night into Monday.  Looks like our first snow day on Monday!!!  So it's appropriate to feature Laminack's Snow Day on today's podcast!


http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/laminack_snow.mp3



Laminack, Lester L.  SNOW DAY!
Atlanta : Peachtree, 2007
IL K-3, RL 1.6
ISBN 1561454184
Wait a minute!  What did the weatherman just say?  Did he say what I think he said?  What I hope he said?  Yes!  Snow is in the air.  I can't wait.  We're sure to have a snow day tomorrow.  No alarms.  No running around getting ready.  Just sipping hot chocolate under the blanket while we watch TV.  Sledding too.  And lots of playing.  I'm sure the weatherman just said snow.

technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: