Wednesday, May 14, 2008

NH library conference

Today was the last day of the conference. It was a great conference with so much to choose from. It was hard to decide which sessions to attend. The keynote this morning was Nate Greenberg, Superintendent of Londonderry schools. He really gets libraries and librarians. What an inspiration.

I presented the Tech Savvy booktalker program in the morning to an enthusiastic crowd. Lots of great questions. It was fun. And the technology worked this time!!

Luncheon speaker was Stephen Abram. I sat in the corner so I could watch Stephen but also watch the reaction of the audience. It was so cool. As usual, he blew people away. He had their full attention!!

After lunch, I went to Stephen's break out session. There were a lot of people who wanted more after lunch. There is always so much to think about when you are listening to Stephen.

The NH Isinglass book award was announced at the end of the day. Perfect by Natalie Friend won this year! The committee then presented next year's nominees. I should have the booktalks up on my site soon. And then the podcasts will begin. I love this time of year.

But now the conference is over but not the enthusiasm. I always learn so much and want more.

No comments: