Thursday, May 08, 2008

Time to go?

I got a very unexpected phone call the other day. It was the Assistant Superintendent calling at 8:00 in the morning. These new phones we got with the caller ID are great. I couldn't imagine what he would be calling me for but I answered it anyway! Well, he gave me some great news. I was number 10 on the list for 2010. Now, if you are not in our district, you would have no idea what that means. Each year our district gives an early retirement buyout to the 10 most senior people who have applied. I apply every year but since there are so many people with more years in the district, I never expected to get the buyout. I had been number 16 on the list for 2010. Apparently, because of the economy, 5 people pulled their names from the list and bumped me up to number 10!!! So, I am now set to retire in June 2010.

When you start seeing that light at the end, you look at what you have accomplished so far and what more you want to accomplish. I have so much more that I want to accomplish so I expect to be very busy for the next two years. But it is a great feeling to know that my life will go into the next phase in June 2010!

No comments: