Friday, June 20, 2008

New Hampshire Great Stone Face nominees

The 25 nominees for the 2009 are my latest focus on my podcasts. I've uploaded the booktalks onto my site and am now recording the booktalks for my podcasts. The booktalks were written by members of the GSF committee but they have allowed me to post the booktalks and record them as well. I've already added a few of the podcasts and will keep going until I've done all 25. I hope to work on the NH Isinglass nominees as well.

Today's podcast is for Higgins, F. E. BLACK BOOK OF SECRETS. I love the look of this book as much as the story. The book has all black edges and gives you the feeling of hiding secrets that maybe should not be revealed!


Ludlow Fitch’s diary begins thus: “When I opened my eyes I knew that nothing in my miserable life prior to that moment could possibly be as bad as what was about to happen.” This is because he was strapped in a chair, while the loathsome Barton Gumbroot was preparing to pull out all his teeth, to be sold by his greedy and unfeeling parents. Ludlow’s dramatic escape put him in league with mysterious pawnbroker Joe Zabbidou, who traded people’s deepest, darkest secrets for cash. As his apprentice, Ludlow’s job was to scribe these confessions into the “Black Book of Secrets”. But the most disturbing secrets of all may have been the apprentice’s own… (New Hampshire Great Stone Face nominee, 2008-2009)


No comments: