Thursday, August 14, 2008

Connected again

Left to drive west on Sunday and expected to have Internet along the way. The hotel in Niagara Falls told me it was broken. They didn't seem to be in a hurry to fix it either. So, today is the first day that I have had access. I guess it was good for me to be offline for a few days.

Today I helped my son move into his first apartment in Columbus OH. He is so excited. His roommate moved furniture in but won't be back for a week so my son is on his own. Sort of. We went shopping to get the things he needs and he'll stay there tonight and get used to it. I'll be going home tomorrow and it will be nice to take a plane rather than drive for hours on end.

Highlights of the week include Baseball Hall of Fame, Farmer's Museum (Cooperstown), Baseball Wax Museum, Niagara Falls, Niagara Aquarium, Discovery Museum, Niagara Wax Museum, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Today it was just department stores and grocery stores. Such a change.

So, today's podcast is for a wonderful book that is a visual delight.

Larios, Julie Hofstrand. IMAGINARY MENAGERIE : A BOOK OF CURIOUS CREATURES

Dragons, mermaids, and trolls, oh my. They are all in this collection of poetry. We also meet gargoyles, trolls and even hobgoblins. How many of these creatures have you heard of? The poems are illustrated with vibrant paintings that will surely catch your eye.

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/larios_imaginary.mp3

No comments: