Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last day of summer break

We start back to school tomorrow. District meetings, building meetings and then a wee bit of time in our rooms. The children come on Tuesday. Another summer gone.

Yesterday I spent the day in class. My doctoral class meets one Saturday a month and it was good seeing everyone again. There were great discussions and my poor little brain hurt by 5:30. Too much info going in :-)

Podcasts added to my site include two books that may help me as I search for answers and watch ideas grow!

Stevens, Janet. HELP ME, MR. MUTT! : EXPERT ANSWERS FOR DOGS WITH PEOPLE PROBLEMS
Dear Mr. Mutt,
It's ridiculous!
Outrageous!
Preposterous!
Holidays are unbearable. First I'm a baby, next I'm a bunny, then I'm a bride, now I'm an angel.
I'm NOT a baby or a bunny or a bride or an angel.
I'm a dog.
Where is my dignity? I'm the laughingstock of the block! I'm in need of your assistance immediately!
Help me, Mr. Mutt!
-- Overdressed in Oklahoma
P.S. My people never dress up the cantankerous cat!

What would your dog write if he sent a letter to a doggie advice column?

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/stevens_help.mp3

Swanson, Susan Marie. TO BE LIKE THE SUN

Have you ever planted a seed? And took care of it? And watched it grow? Here, a young girl does just that. And we share her journey. As she plants a sunflower seed, she wonders what it is made of. And how it knows to become a sunflower.

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/swanson_to.mp3

No comments: