Saturday, August 02, 2008

Manny who?

When I first heard about Manny Ramirez being traded, I was a bit sad. I always enjoyed his quirkiness. Then as I heard a bit more about some of his antics, I realized that it was indeed time for him to go. And now we have Jason Bay. And it has become the Bay State all over. He is doing really well. I'm glad as it was probably very difficult to come into this high pressure situation. So, welcome Jason. Bye Manny.

Today's podcast is forMONKEY AND ME by Emily Gravett. I remember my daughter had a sock monkey when she was little. I always thought it was rather scary looking but she liked it. And so does the young girl in this wonderful book.

A little girl and her sock monkey are imagining some great adventures. They are off to see wild animals. Monkey and me / Monkey and me / Monkey and me / We went to see / We went to see some..." See if you can guess what animal they are going to see before you turn the page.

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/gravett_monkey.mp3

No comments: