Saturday, August 16, 2008

Home again.

After several flight delays and several changed itineraries, I finally made it home around 1:00 this morning. I was one of the lucky ones. Many of my fellow travelers either didn't get on a plane of got sent to other airports. On my NH flight, I was sitting with a young man who was trying to get to Burlington VT and this was as close at he could get. His parents were driving 3 hours from VT to pick him up. I hope they got a hotel and didn't turn around and drive 3 hours back.

My son is now set up in his first apartment 1500 miles away. I didn't like leaving him there but I just have to trust that he will be fine. He has a week to settle in before he starts his Americorps program.

Family really is very important to us. Be it driving 3 hours in the middle of the night or leaving your baby 1500 miles away. Today's book is all about family and the importance of working together to help out one member.


Nolen, Jerdine. PITCHING IN FOR EUBIE
This is exciting news! Eubie has won a full scholarship to college! This is what they were hoping for. But, the family needs to come up with $3,000 for her room and board. It seems like an impossible amount. But maybe if they all work a little extra, they can raise the money. Even though Lily wants to help, it seems that every thing she does turns out wrong. Will she be able to help with Eubie's expenses?

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/nolen_pitching.mp3


I wasn't able to blog yesterday with all my travels. But, would anyone miss it if I didn't blog? I doubt it. But I am a strong proponent of having kids blog. But they really need to be careful about what they put out there for others to see. Or have a possibility of seeing. The kids have to learn that what they put out may be used against them. And that is just what happens to Libby.

Norris, Shana. SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT
Libby Fawcett has just had about the worst day in her life. She accidentally set her hair on fire in chemistry class! In front of her secret crush Seth. And her mortal enemy Angel. How can she possibly go back to school? Ever? So she begins a blog to pour out her thoughts. It's password protected so no one will ever see her secret, personal, for her eys only thoughts. Will they?

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/norris_something.mp3

No comments: