Sunday, July 13, 2008

Clements, Andrew. NO TALKING

Yesterday I realized that my day book is missing. Of course it has all my important dates and information I need. Yes, that was me going through the trash looking for it. I have no idea where it could be. I had it on Wednesday and then it was gone. I have a bet with my kids when/if it will show up. I have to believe it will but in the meantime I am trying to reconstruct the information.

Today's podcast is about a bet also. It is a bet between the girls and boys on who can stay quiet the longest. This could be any teacher's dream -- or nightmare. Clements' books are always a hit with the middle crowd. The stories are just so on target. He just really gets these kids. And this one is no exception. No Talking is on the nomination list of several state book awards.

Clements, Andrew. NO TALKING
Shhhhhh! No one’s talking. The teachers are confused, what has happened to the once vibrant and chaotic school? Competition. Boys against Girls. Which group will be able to stay silent the longest? The goal: 48 hours. How will they avoid talking to the teachers for that long without getting into trouble? Join in the adventure that unfolds as the students create rules and guidelines to challenge all the adults both in school and at home in their quest for No Talking. (New Hampshire Great Stone Face nominee, 2008-2009)

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/smith_elephant.mp3

No comments: