Thursday, July 03, 2008

If it's Thrusday...

If it's Thursday, this must be New Hampshire! I'm home from a week in California. Nice place to visit but it isn't home.

I've been reading other blogs that talk about horrible airline problems -- lost baggage, missed connections, delays. So I thought I'd share my experience. I took Continental this time. I don't usually do that but this time they came out the least expensive. So what did I get? On the way to California, they did not charge for my bag, I got a pretty decent meal (egg and cheese muffin, fruit, yogurt, bran muffin), two movies (neither of which I watched but others might enjoy them), and a nice flight attendant. The topper was getting into LA early! OK but what about the way home. I got a flight that left early since all the passengers were all there. I did have to pay for my extra bag. I had packed a suitcase within a suitcase since I knew I'd have ARCs coming back. 70 lbs of books and only paid $25. Cheaper than the post office. No meal because it was an overnight flight. There was a movie but I slept through it. We got into Newark early! Left Newark on time and got into Manchester 1/2 hour early! Can't beat that. I slept most of the time but I know they gave those lovely pretzels. And the plane was brand new! Cute little prop plane. And both my bags got to NH the same time I did. Yeah Continental!! Thanks for the great service.

Now I have to unpack and organize those 70 lbs of books. Before the box I mailed gets here! The grandkids already tried to help me unpack but they were just looking for things to grab for themselves. Of all the things I brought back for them, their favorite is the ProQuest message fans. I won't see them again! Thanks ProQuest!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi...

You have got quite an intertaining holiday with movies, flight attendent and so.