Monday, July 28, 2008

Florian, Douglas. LAUGH-ETERIA : POEMS AND DRAWINGS

The past few days have been really dreary. The rain just won't stop. There was a tornado a couple of miles away (we just don't have tornadoes in New Hampshire). My roof is leaking. There has been some ridiculous drama at work. The grandkids have been sick. And so it goes. What I need is a funny book to make me laugh. Laugh-eteria is full of silly poems that are just right for that. Lots of elementary school humor that is making my grandson crack up. And that makes me laugh too! So if you need a laugh, pick this book up!



Florian, Douglas. LAUGH-ETERIA : POEMS AND DRAWINGS


"Monster meatballs / so scary to chew. / First you bite THEM. / Then they bite YOU." This collection offers some rather off beat poems. From school lunches to dinosaurs to Sir Isaac Newton, there is something for everyone in this funny book.

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/florian_laugh.mp3

No comments: