Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy July 4th!

Between the cookout and the fireworks, we are sitting around relaxing and enjoying the beautiful day. On a day that celebrates freedom, there are so many freedoms that we should be thankful for. Please take a few minutes to think of the men and women who have sacrificed so much to let us celebrate today.

Now that I'm home from California and back on my main computer, I've started recording podcasts again. Today's podcast is for another book that is nominated for the NH Great Stone Face book award. When I was at ALA, I saw a sequel to this book. I don't know if I picked it up or not. I haven't unpacked and organized all the books yet. And I have at least one box coming in the mail. Anyway, the new one is called Emmy and the Home for Troubled Girls and is due out in October. I'm sure it will be as much fun as the first Emmy book.


Jonell, Lynne. EMMY AND THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING RAT

“Emmy was a good girl…she really was a little too good... which is why she liked to sit by the Rat. The Rat was not good at all…” So begins the fascinating story of a girl who found she could communicate with the class Rat. This led her into the mysterious secrets of the rodent world and an explanation of why her heretofore loving parents had become so distant of late. Could her very intrusive nanny, Miss Barmy, really be as evil as it now appeared? (New Hampshire Great Stone Face nominee, 2008-2009)

http://www.nancykeane.com/booktalks/mp3/jonell_emmy.mp3

No comments: